Pro Family Activist/Counselor/Consultant: Rev. Cothran serves as Associate Pastor/Teacher at Daytona Deliverance Church of God under the leadership of Bishop William A. Lee, Senior Pastor. Rev. Cothran actively fulfills her mandate to evangelize, train, teach and consult pro-family organizations fighting against the progression of the sexual revolution locally, nationally and internationally.
Prior to her complete deliverance and transformation from 29+ years of lesbian life (2006), Rev. Cothran was a publisher of an internationally distributed gay and lesbian lifestyles magazine (VENUS). She is a former advocate for gay rights and former active member of the following gay and lesbian organizations: Human Rights Campaign, The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, The National Lesbian Conference, The National Black Gay and Lesbian Leadership Forum, recruited by the VICTORY Fund.and was the co-founder of In The Life Atlanta (Black gay pride), and founder Hospitality Atlanta. By her new life and work, Rev. Cothran offers Evidence that God is still in the business of changing lives! She is now a sought-after International Evangelist, conference speaker and counselor. She offers expert testimony for legislators fighting for religious freedom in the US and abroad.
Rev. Cothran's 2017 Itinerary:
January 24: Rev. Cothran will testify before the Jacksonville FL City Council in opposition to a pro-homosexual Human Rights Ordinance, 5pm City Hall Chambers.
January 27-28th: Rev. Cothran will attend the State Prayer and Praise Conference of the Churches of God held at Greater Faith 13th Street Church of God, Ft. Pierce, FL
February 2nd: Rev. Cothran will speak at a press conference by the FL Family Policy Council at Jacksonville's City Hall Atrium opposing HRO 2017-15, a so-called human rights ordinance, actually a pro-homosexual, special rights ordinance allowing so-called transgenders to enter the bathrooms of their choice.
l-r, Kelly Fiedorek, Esq. of Alliance Defending Freedom, Rev. Charlene E. Cothran of The Evidence Ministry, Inc. and Mrs. Barronelle Stutzman-defendant; florist sued for denying to create a wedding arrangement for a gay friend, because of her faith.)
February 5th and weekly: "FIX MY LIFE" - Rev. Cothran will teach and lead a discussion group for College Students and Young Adults near the campus of Bethune Cookman University at Daytona Deliverance Church of God, Fellowship Hall; each Sunday morning from 9:30 am - 10:30 am. Sign-in is required.
March 13 & 14: Rev. Cothran will speak at the Florida Family Policy Council's Legislative Events during Pro Family Days at the Florida State Capitol, Tallahassee, FL
March 30 - April 1: Rev. Cothran will attend the Florida Cocoa State Women's Discipleship Conference, Double Tree by Hilton Orlando Sea World, 10100 International DR, Orlando, FL www.churchofgodflcocoa.org
Rev. Cothran's 2016 Itinerary:
January 16th: Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration and March, 10AM, The Carver Center Bunnell, FL, Pastor Cothran will serve as the keynote speaker.
January 19th & 20th: Florida House of Representatives and State Senate, Tallahassee, FL. Pastor Cothran will join PULSE Minister's Alliance of Miami, FL and others to lobby State lawmakers in support of The Pastor Protection Act and restricting abortion clinic certifications in FL.
January 28th: Florida State Senate, Tallahassee, FL. Pastor Cothran will testify before the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee in support of SB 110, The Pastor Protection Act.
February 4h,8th,9th: Florida House of Representatives and Senate Subcommittees, Tallahassee, FL. Pastor Cothran will testify in support of HB 43 & SB110 The Pastor Protection Act; and against SB120.
March 19th: March for JESUS! Pastor Cothran and Zion family will march with area Pastors and leaders to lift high the name of Jesus in Flagler County Fl! Begins at 9AM in the parking lot of 1st Baptist Church of PC and ends with a Rally for JESUS at Daytona State College.
May 1st: Sunday 4PM, Pastor Cothran and the Zion family will be the guest preacher and church at Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, Martin Luther King Jr. Dr, Daytona Beach, FL. Pastor Lenorris Dixon, host. The Gospel Music Workshop of America will be the guest choir.
May 5th: Thursday 10:30 AM National Day of Prayer, Pastor Cothran will participate as a guest speaker for the City of Bunnell's celebration at Edward Johnson Park. Mayor Catherine Robinson, host.
May 20-22nd: Pastor Cothran will be the guest Evangelist for East Flatbush Church of God, Brooklyn, NY. Friday night Youth, Sunday 7Am and 11AM Services. Bishop Hugh Nelson, host.
June 23-July 2: Pastor Cothran will be the guest Evangelist for Proteqt, Inc. in Brigetown, Barbados. Ministering at a one day Pro Family conference as well as many churches on the Island. Host DR. Veronica C. Evelyn
September 26-October 1st: Pastor Cothran will be the guest presenter at a conference supporting the Natural Family in Antigua with guest appearances on various radio programs and other media outlets. Host Bishop Dr. Rolston Jeffrey
October 5-7th; Pastor Cothran will attend "Pastors and Leaders Summit" Atlanta, GA, Host Bishop Mark Moore, Sr.
October 8th; Pastor Cothran will attend a luncheon honoring female Pastors in Flagler County, FL hosted by Church on the Rock.
October 9th:Pastor Cothran will be the guest preacher at Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, Sunday 10:45 AM service. Host Pastor Lenoris L. Dixon
October 15th; Pastor Cothran will serve on the Catechism Council for Elder designates & Deacon candidates, Daytona Deliverance Church.Host Bishop William Lee
October 16th; PastorCothran will give the Charge to Elder designates during the official ordination service at Daytona Deliverance Church. Host Bishop William Lee
Nov. 4th-Nov.11th: Pastor Cothran will be the guest speaker in Barbados at the Annual Rally supporting the Natural Family and bringing awareness of the dangers of so-called sexual rights. Host DR Veronica C. Evelyn, Proteqt Inc.
Children of ZION Activities
2017 - Vacation Bible School Theme-'BOY MEETS GIRL'
FREE to all registered Youth 7-18 years old! Special sessions for Teens! Volunteers are needed. Training is provided. Flagler County location and date, TBA.
Youth Fellowship Epic Theater, Free for Children of Zion, Guests $10 each includes movie, lunch and a children's gospel message is shared for 7 minutes prior to the movie! Parents are ALWAYS welcome!
Exact dates, TBA.
Youth volunteering after Hurricane Matthew!
ZION 2015 CAREGIVERS & SURVIVORS' LUNCHEON:
Zion welcomed special guests Rev. Dr. L. Ronald and Mrs. Maureen Durham of Halifax Health Hospice Outreach; and Elder Terry and Mrs. Mia Bryant and their beautiful mother to our 2nd Annual Women of Character Luncheon. 2015 Theme:"Spoiling Caregivers and Honoring Survivors". Mrs. Bryant and Mrs. Durham were our guest speakers. We had a GRAND time encouraging the citizens of Flagler County with songs, gifts, and powerful HEALING testimonies of many Survivors! Thank you to our many sponsors! Halifax Health Hospice; VITAS Healthcare; Lohman Funerals; David Glasser Law; Sunshine Gift Baskets and Pressler Chauffeurs Services LLC.
Caregivers and Survivors
YOUTH MINISTRY Back to School Fashion Show
HOME OF HOPE THRIFT Ministry
Located at 19 Parkview DR Palm Coast by Appointment and one Saturday sale a month. We serve needy Flagler County families with gently-used furniture, electronics, small appliances and household items for sale.
DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS ACCEPTED.
We pick up and deliver! All proceeds benefit Zion's Youth and Evangelistic programs. Thank you. To Drop off or call for a pick up dial 386-585-5484
AFFILIATIONS: Zion is an independent Christian Youth Ministry working in the spirit of unity with all Christ-Centered denominations.
Pastor Cothran serves a local Central FL congregation as an Associate pastor.
The Evidence Ministry, Inc. is an Associate member of Christian Family Coalition, CFC
Pastor Cothran is publisher/editor-in-chief of VICTORY,
A Christian Lifestyles Magazine! Relaunch, TBA!
Proud member of the Evangelical Press Association.
10 WAYS TO GET OUT OF THE GAY LIFE IF YOU WANT OUT by
Pastor Charlene E. Cothran
Even if you've never been gay, these steps will help you with deliverance from strongholds in your life.
Published in August 2006 in over 200 publications and 20 languages worldwide! It's still relevant today.
Over the past 29 years of my life I had been an aggressive, creative and strategic supporter of gay and lesbian issues. I’d organized and participated in countless marches and various lobbying efforts in the fight for equal treatment of gay men and lesbians. I had kept current on the issues and made financial contributions to those organizations doing work about which I was most passionate. As the publisher of a 13 year old periodical which targeted Black gays and lesbians, I had the opportunity to publicly address thousands, influencing closeted people to ‘come out’ and stand up for them selves, which is particularly difficult in the African-American community. But in June of 2006, I had to come out of the closet again. I had experienced the power of change that came over me once I completely surrendered to the teachings of Jesus Christ. As a believer of the word of God, I fully accept and have always known that same-sex relationships are not what God intended for us.
I don’t expect that this message will be widely received, quite the contrary. But, I do know that there is someone, possibly reading this very article, who is tired and unhappy living this way. Someone, in your heart of hearts, is searching for a way out, but you just can’t seem to break free on your own. I am speaking to my gay and lesbian brothers and sisters who want real peace; the kind you’ve heard about, sung about, read about. It is simpler than you think to acquire it and there is no condemnation once you’ve entered it. Although I had lived as a lesbian for my entire adult life, it is without a doubt the purpose of my testimony to LOVINGLY share the truth about how you got here: how you came to be gay or lesbian, how you came to enjoy your ‘lifestyle’ and how you came to believe that this was OK with God. [Romans 1:21-28] Many argue that each individual should determine for themselves what God intends for him or her. This would indicate that we each have a separate set of biblical rules to live by. This is untrue. If you are ready for change and willing to open yourself to the truth, God’s love can bring your current belief system in line with His Word. Jesus will cleanse and forgive all confessed sin from a willing heart. Homosexuality is only one of them. I this culture some would even ask, ‘Has she lost her mind?' My answer is NO. I didn’t lose it, I gave it away! In fact, I traded it in for a new one! [Romans 12:1-2]
ONE TUESDAY MORNING I was minding my own business one fine New Jersey morning when I received a call from a local pastor. I had never spoken to her previously. She was calling to add a statement to an article about her singing gospel group in another paper we own called the Kitchen Table News. I don’t remember how we got on the subject of salvation but she could not have known how much I had been struggling with trying to reckon my spiritual upbringing with my lesbian lifestyle. My stiff-necked resistance to the truth arose in me as she ministered. I honestly figured that if I simply mentioned the ‘L’ word that she’d drop the phone, anoint it with oil and that would be the last I’d hear from her. But that’s not what happened. The pastor prophetically confirmed what I’ve known for years, ‘one day you will come out of the world and bring many gay and lesbian souls out with you.’ She asked if today was the day that I would choose but I said no. I felt the power of conviction upon me as she spoke but I resisted and hardened my heart against the truth as I had done many times before. I was not willing to hear her or give up my all to God, especially knowing that I had a confirmed speaking engagement scheduled the following week at the Schomberg Center during New York City Gay Pride.
HAVE MERCY As I blurted out that I was a proud card-carrying lesbian, the pastor reminded me that God’s mercy allowed me to survive my experiences as He developed my gifts, all as a part of His plan to lead others to Him, others who will not perhaps hear her or other ministers who have not LIVED this experience. She could not have had a clue about my encounters with the mercies of God. Mercy had indeed covered me during those dark 1993 days when my good friend Venus Landin was shot and killed. I recalled how I went with her to her ex-lover’s home to recover her things, how the woman had built a fire using Venus’ precious journals as fuel, how she burned her clothes and how the flames and debris had fallen out of the fireplace’s box and were ablaze along the carpet. I remembered the look on the woman’s face and in her eyes. I know in my heart that she had intended to murder Venus that night but she did not expect me to arrive with her. There, I stood at the very gates of hell. Given her state of mind, there was no reason for the woman not to have killed us both, then turn the gun on herself as she did Venus a week later. When I received the call that they were both found dead, I knew instantly that mercy had covered me, but why?
I YIELD The spirit of God spoke directly into my soul and said you will choose this day who you will serve and if you make the wrong choice, I will allow you to drift so far away from me that you will never hear my voice again. I gave God my heart and soul in the parking lot of the mall, right there in my car. A river of tears flowed as Jesus washed me and forgave me and redeemed me for His work. I promised HIm to be just as ‘out’ about my transformation as I was about my lesbian life. I have given every gift I have back to God, including the Magazine, now re-named VICTORY. The mission has been renewed. Our new mission is to encourage, educate and assist ANYONE who desires real change but can’t find a way out. My brother, my sister, please follow me out.
1. Establish and accept for yourself that God’s Word is true AS-IS. Do not allow gay theology to divorce the Old testament from the New or the written words of the Apostles from the spoken words of Jesus Christ. This is a good trick, but its no longer working because God is preparing to bring millions of gays and lesbians back to His feet. He has already chosen many of us for this specific purpose and He is waiting for YOU to accept His call.
2. Seek the truth within the scriptures about homosexuality and it will be revealed to you as you read and pray. Know that we were NOT born this way. This myth was fashioned by the white gay establishment as a basis for changing laws in favor of gay rights. Again it works for their purposes, but it is biblically UNTRUE. There is no way that anyone, without an agenda, can come away from the bible with an endorsement by God of the gay lifestyle. Gay theology starts with an agenda [‘Let’s make the bible say gay is O.K.’] in order to arrive at its conclusions, but it is a lie.
3. Do not resist God’s call on your life. Get alone with God and let Him minister the truth directly to you. That conviction you feel is a gift to keep you near the cross. If you keep resisting Him and hardening your heart, He will eventually stop calling you. You can then have a great time fulfilling all the fantasies of the flesh without feeling a thing, but what awaits you at the end of such a life? [Romans 2:4-6]
4. Know with certainty that you are loved by God exactly where you are and that your experiences are of great value for kingdom work. I had BEEN tired, but the enemy kept my mind trapped for years by convincing me that I could not be of any real use to God having lived as an openly gay publisher, but that was a lie.
5. Say Yes. That’s really all it takes to accept the truth which is accepting Jesus Christ. Pray this prayer of repentance with me now. “Lord, I’m coming to you because I believe your Word and I need your help. I can’t change myself, I’ve tried. Please forgive me for every thing I’ve done that did not glorify you. I believe that you ARE the Word, I believe that Jesus IS your son, I believe that He DIED for my sins, and BECAUSE I believe this, I AM NOW SAVED BY YOUR GRACE. Thank you for saving me! Amen.”
6. Make your salvation real. Keeping the good news of your personal salvation a secret is another trick the enemy uses to buy time as he tries to pull you back to your former life. We must believe with our hearts AND confess with our mouths. You don’t need to ‘out’ yourself but clobber the enemy by immediately sharing your testimony with SOMEONE about how the Lord has revealed the truth directly to you; about the level of joy and peace you now have which you could not reach without full repentance; about the welcomed change this brings in your life, and all the wonderful things He has done for you. [Romans 10:9] 7. Experience paradise NOW! Consult God first, then go ahead and live your life! Welcome new friendships, start that new venture, expand your experiences, obtain nice things, just don’t put them before God. Enjoy your life to a new degree, without the burden of sin AND with the confidence of ALL of God’s promises on your side! It is totally possible to live for God in this present age and enjoy yourself immensely. When I say live for God I mean totally ‘sold out’ for God. But you cannot be ‘sold out’ for God and live a gay/lesbian lifestyle at the same time. [Titus 2:11-12] It’s possible to have a BETTER time than you did in the clubs, in the parks, BETTER than all those secret encounters with folks whose names you’ve long forgotten, BETTER than your long-term relationship, BETTER than all your priceless possessions, BETTER than money! Most of us have experienced some of this AND WE WERE STILL MISERABLE. But thanks to God’s mercy and saving grace we don’t have to wait years and years to get to heaven to experience paradise. The earth is the Lord’s, the fullness thereof, the world, and they that dwell therein. Enjoy God’s earth, now. [Psalms 24:1] 8. Walk Carefully or ‘circumspectly’ as the scriptures describe. This is about being careful to keep your spirit clean and fresh. Prayer, along with reading and hearing the Word AND seeking ways to apply it to your daily life is the way to STAY saved and delivered from any sinful habit. Isn’t it interesting that we sometimes give our garments of clothing more care than we give our very souls. When we put on an outfit, we’re so careful not to lean against anything that might soil it. We protect it while we’re eating so as not to get a spot on it. We sit in such a way to prevent it from wrinkling. Treat your soul’s salvation with at least this much care. [Ephesians 5:15-16] 9. Have fellowship with believers. We know that the church has largely failed gays and lesbians by not being a welcoming place for those who have sought spiritual change. However God has people everywhere who are open, real and willing to walk out with you. Ask the Lord to lead you to a loving, caring, bible-believing fellowship where you can be nurtured, be blessed, grow AND be a blessing. [Hebrews 10:25]
10. Stay in touch. We’d love to hear from you! If this article has helped you, please let us know. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write Pastor Charlene Cothran, ZION Baptist Church, P. O. Box 353378 Palm Coast, FL 32135
New Church Location:
To Be Announced
386-585-5484 office Email:Pastor@ZIONBaptistPC.org